Weed brownies are an edible with a bit of an infamous history. While they are a delicious chocolate treat, they are known to have a longer lasting high that can take a bit of time to kick in.
While you can use any regular brownie mix to make weed brownies, making your own from scratch is a relatively simple process, provided you can make a batch of cannabutter too.
This brownie recipe turns out just how we like it – chocolately, fudgey and still moist. It’s also best to use a high-quality dark chocolate for this ingredient.
In order to make this recipe, you’ll need to first follow the cannabutter guide. If you already have some cannabutter ready for this recipe, you can continue reading!
This recipe will give you about 16 brownies. Depending on how strong your cannabutter is, these brownies can have anywhere from 5-20mg THC per brownie. For the rookies, it’s best to use a lower dose, which you can also do by supplementing regular butter into the mix.
Sometimes it’s also best to make a separate batch of brownies without cannabutter. When you have the munchies, you might be intrigued to try one or two more brownies – and this is where the trouble comes in. You can follow the same recipe, just use regular unsalted butter.
Best Weed Brownie recipe
How to make weed brownies | Psymedia
Looking for the best weed brownies recipe? Look no further - these will taste great AND get you stoned!
Recipe Yield: 16 brownies
Preparation Time: 3 hours
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 5 hours
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (21 grams) cocoa powder
- Cannabutter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) chopped dark chocolate (Lindt is great)
- 1 1/4 cups (250 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Firstly, you’ll need to have your cannabutter prepared, as per our cannabutter guide.
- Line a 23x23cm non-stick bake pan with cannabutter, heat the oven to 180°C
Melt butter and chocolate:
- Add hot water to a glass bowl. Then, in a smaller bowl melt the cannabutter and dark chocolate together. Once smooth, remove from heat and add sugar, molasses, vanilla and salt.
Add the eggs:
- Moving on to the eggs, add one at a time, mixing together until the consistency is smooth again. Add the chopped walnuts to the mixture. Whisk the flour with the cocoa powder and add them to the chocolate mixture. Fold over until the flour mixes in (don’t overdo this process).
Pour the batter:
- Now, we can finally add the batter to the non-stick bake pan. Starting by pouring the batter slowly and evenly across the entire surface. When the oven has reached 180°C, place the brownies in the middle of your oven. Bake in the oven for about 25 – 30 minutes, until the top of the brownies begins to form cracks at the surface. You can check if it’s cooked through by placing a knife through – it shouldn’t be too moist.
Let it cool:
- Before cutting the brownies into pieces, make sure you let is cool for 10 – 15 minutes. This batter will make 16 brownies for you to enjoy. Place them in an airtight container and they should be good for up to a week. You can also freeze them for longer life.